I am not high maintenance. My routines are very simple and the products I use are mostly drugstore brands that are easy on the pocket and just as effective. An extension of my lazy routine is my wish to have wash and wear hair. I have had this wish since high school. In college, I finally found my hair inspiration: Trinity of The Matrix. I cut my hair short and LOVED it!! Of course as with most girls, nagsawa ako sa short hair and I grew my hair long again. I had bangs cut but my hair was in an eternal pony tail. It was a never ending cycle of short and long hair all in the search of hair that’s easy to manage. Of course along with these hairstyles are the numerous salon treatments (relax, powerdose, hot oil etc) and expensive hair cuts from stylists who all promised that I only need to finger comb my hair when I finish showering (some worked, some didn’t). The elusive wash and wear hair was still….elusive.
Until I read from some Hollywood chismis online site about Brazilian Blowouts. What intrigued me was the promise that my hair will look like nagpapa blow dry ako everyday. “permanent blow dry” they say – which to me sounded like “di mo kailangang suklayin buhok mo lagi” wahaha!!
I’m growing out my hair and its gotten long already. This means uncontrollable frizzy hair that would just go crazy when the weather is super humid. My hair is always up in a ponytail and it was dry already. I didn’t want to go short again so I researched about Brazilian Blowouts. Luckily, a friend was also sharing these posts in her FB feed:
I followed the Brazilian Blowout IG page too (@bblowoutph). I asked friends and officemates about the treatment and also about the other options available out there to tame my hair. I read helpful online reviews, some of whom reported that other treatments were a bit harsh and the chemical had fumes pa. I wanted to avoid those treatments because I don’t want to subject my hair to any unnecessary stress. So after all this, I finally took the plunge last Tuesday after work. I went to Freshaire Market! Market!, one of the salons certified by Brazilian Blowout Philippines to have may hair done 🙂 (To get the complete list of certified salons click on www.brazilianblowoutph.com) When I called I asked how much the Brazilian Blowout would cost for shoulder length hair, they said it was 4k. I readied my card na lang haha 😛 When I got to the salon, I asked the receptionist again if they used the “Brazilian Blowout” brand for the treatment. She confirmed and I also saw the items at on display at the salon.
So here’s the step by step of how the Brazilian Blowout was done:
1) My hair was washed and was left wet
2) While my hair was wet, the Brazilian Blowout solution was applied with a brush. The solution was applied only to my hair and did not touch my scalp. During the treatment, my eyes stinged a little, I guess it was the fumes from the solution? It wasn’t bad though and it only lasted for a few seconds.
3) My hair was then blown straight by the stylist
4) My hair after the blow dry with the solution still in my hair
5) My hair was ironed after. The stylist was so diligent with this process. She sectioned my hair and ironed each section carefully. She caught all my baby hair too and ironed them straight.
6) After this step. We waited for my head to cool off (literally) because it was hot from all the blow drying and the ironing.
This was my hair after the ironing. One thing I noticed was that throughout the process, my hair felt really light. The solution used on me did not feel heavy nor sticky. It also had a light scent. I kept touching my hair too and my hair was not all stuck together. It felt really soft!
7) When my hair has cooled down, they washed everything out again (gasp!) I wondered if washing out the solution would mean that it won’t be as effective but there was also a sense of relief knowing that the chemicals in my hair were washed off too.
8) After washing the Acai Daily Smoothing Serum was applied on my hair. Ang bango nya!! And this serum was really light too.
9) Blow drying resumed
10) Then the spray shine was spritzed on my hair. Again ang bango nya and when I asked how much it was, it was almost 2k haha! It was half the cost of my treatment! I do love though that Freshaire used most of the Brazilian Blowout line on me.
11) After almost 2 hours I was FINISHED!! Smooth, shiny hair achieved!
The true test naman really is the day after. The stylist and receptionist told me I could wash my hair again as soon as I get home or when I wake up in the morning. Well di ko sila sinunod haha because my hair was washed so many times already aaaaand I didn’t need to wash my hair because I woke up with hair that was not frizzy at all!! I just brushed my hair a few times and voila!
The day after syempre nag shampoo na ako using regular shampoo. I did not buy any special shampoo or conditioner. I just used what I had at home. I also did not blow dry my hair. I jumped into the car with my hair wet. Dahil sa traffic, my hair was already dry when we got to Makati. I just brushed my hair a few times. I was so happy that it still turned out neat!
My hair is frizz free. It was truly wash and wear!! Nahanap ko na talaga yung treatment for me!!
The cost for the treatment was exactly Php4,090. The treatment is expected to last 12 weeks so it was just like getting a salon treatment worth 1k every 4 weeks. Freshaire was also very professional, efficient and quick with the entire process. Isa lang comment ko sa kanila, I hope they change their towels na because the ones used on me were discolored and had already seen better days haha!
Would I recommend the Brazilian Blowout to friends? I’ve already have! This is really perfect for us busy gals who have no time to style nor fix their hair during the day. This is also perfect for women like me who are so clueless about fixing their hair. The fact that my hair can look neat and frizz-free all throughout the day even after walking around in Makati is so worth it. I have been the butt of jokes though kasi di na daw nila ako makilala haha. But I take it all in stride, I flip my hair and go about my day! Yahoo!!
To find a list of certified salons that offer Brazilian Blowout treatments visit
Happy Hair Day!! 😀