A trip to Cubao eXpo on a hot muggy Friday led me to the Heima Store, an awesome space that houses really beautiful and unique pieces which to me were perfect for DW’s future bedroom. Prepare to fill your quota of AWWWs and OOOHHS for the day when you come into this quaint store.
Let me share you my finds:
1) Original Filipino Artwork – Cute without the network sponsorhip (although DW looooves Barney and Mickey!)
2) Practical but Pretty Furniture – The secretary desk and the chair can make for cool heirloom pieces and both can grow up with DW. The styles for both are classic but the colors make them so much more special.
3) Unique Shelves – Gives new meaning to the phrase, “If these walls could talk”. When DW grows older, I could have two or three of these on his walls. A younger kid might hurt himself on the sharp edges of the shelf though.
4) Adorable Throw pillows – The Matryoshka print is too sweet. I could buy a bunch of these and throw them on the bed for DW to wrestle with for hours.
5) A Mobile – Reminded me of Juan Miro’s. This really is an art piece. The fact that it’s red and black, colors that encourage visual development in infants make it such a buy worthy piece. After the baby’s done with it, it would still make for an interesting piece for a living room or bed room.
This last piece is for me. When I came into the store, the second floor (Kolektib) had this baby spinning a record — A VINYL RECORD — of U2’s The Joshua Tree. I swooned. I had a turntable when I was in college in the late 90s and I spun all my dad’s old records. Seeing this reminded me of good times.
girl put your records on
I honestly wished that I brought one of DW’s bibs because I was practically drooling at all the pretty things inside this store. It’s jam packed with goodness and I couldn’t resist buying a piece to take home with me.
The Heima Store is owned by Bong Rojales and Rossy Anne Yabut. Rossy is a designer so if you’re stumped with a design dilemma, you’re in capable hands. The store customizes furniture too so yeah, you’re pretty much stuck with them. And that’s a place I want to be in when DW gets his own room soon.
They say god is in the details. If so, then Heima would be our church.
G/F Shop 33, Cubao Expo,
Quezon City Philippines 1106
+63 917 561 HEIM ( 4346 )
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
www.heimastore.com (you can shop online!)
Heima has just recently opened a Makati branch, for info and a map to the new store, please go to http://manilamommy.com/2010/05/heima-makati/