This post came about when I was exchanging emails with a good friend who was shopping for gifts for a cousin who is expecting. She came to this blog and read about my post on BPA and BPA-Free products but couldn’t find a list of actual products she could buy. I created that post to share what I’ve learned about BPA and I feel that it gives a good overview on why BPA is a big N-O.
For anything concerning BPA and other toxins that are unfortunately present in our environment, I only refer to two sources:Safe Mama and The Soft Landing. The ladies behind these blogs and websites have done their research and are staunch advocates of eco-conscious child rearing. These blogs are great resources and have empowered a lot of parents with great information.
I love Safe Mama for their cheatsheets which are updated regularly. I’ve asked Kathy if it would be alright to repost their BPA-Free Bottle cheatsheet and she said it was fine as long as I note that the list is live and that us moms and dads (and well meaning titos and titas) should still go to Safe Mama for the most recent list of BPA-Free goodies.
A partial list is found below. I’ve filtered the list so that what I have here for you are BPA-Free products available in Manila and that I’ve seen stocked in local baby stores like SM’s Baby and Co and Rustan’s Baby Club. You may want to print out the list (or better yet go to Safe Mama and print out their list) so that you can bring it when you go shopping as some of the brands only have specific variants which are BPA-Free. There are still baby brands out there that carry products which have not been found to be safe from BPA. If you know of any other products that are available here locally, I would love for you to shout it out at the comments section for the other mamas to read about. Again, to get Safe Mama’s list, go here
A quick note, glass bottles offer the safest, bpa-free option out there. Silicone jackets or cozies are available which slips on these bottles for easier grip and so that when they fall, the won’t break easily.
Now on to the list:
- Avent: “Via” Feeding System, Tempo Liners, Avent PES Bottles (see here to read up on Philip’s FAQ regarding BPA)
- BornFree: All bottles and cups BPA free
- Dr Brown’s Glass Bottles, Dr. Browns Polypropylene Bottles (all vent system pieces BPA Free – made with polypropylene – and fit all models)
- EvenFlo: Classic™ Glass Bottles, Classic™ Light Tint Polypropylene bottles, Classic™ Clear Polypropylene Bottles, Purely Comfi™ Bottles
- Medela: All bottles
- Munchkin: Dora the Explorer Classic Bottles, Mighty Grip Glass Bottles
- Nuby: Standard Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, Standard Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, 3-Stage Wide Neck Easy Grip Feeding System with Non-Drip Nipple, Natural Touch SoftFlex InfaFeeder (silicone) (keep up to date on Nuby products here)
- Playtex: Original Nurser, Playtex Drop in liners, Ventaire Advanced Bottles (marked BPA Free)
Hope this helps!