I’ve been blogging as manilamommy for two years now (the blog quietly turned two years old last July), but I’ve kept a blog at multiply (the girl is gone) for over three years before starting this blog but even before that I had “Babble Ramble” at blogdrive.com which I deleted because it just became too personal. I had to step back and reassess because it was kinda ruining one relationship I was keeping that time. I am loving every minute of this journey but what is most rewarding is the people I have met online. The proof is my post last week where you my dear fellow mommies shared your tips and stories related to my issue. I really am blessed to have found a great community online.
The sharing also inspired me to share more of myself. I figured that I may have given you some snippets of what my offline life is via the posts I have in this blog but a good old “getting to know me” entry wouldn’t hurt right? I got the idea from the awesome site Theta Mom. I trimmed the number of questions and added my own but the twist remains the same (it’s at the very end of the list)
So here goes!
- Where you named after someone? My grandma Nieves and Adelina 😉
- How did you name your blog? My family has a blog, manilareviews which my brother started way back in 2002 ( we stopped updating it and then resurrected the site a couple of years ago) When I started a mommy blog, I used manila again to connect to our family blog (we now also have manilafitness, manilashopaholic and manilablogs)
- Where did you meet your husband? At work. Office romance.
- How long were you guys dating before you got married? 8 years
- How did you bond? Over music. Mixtapes babeh!
- If there is one song to describe your life right now what would it be? The theme of Little Einsteins!! (the video below plays the theme song five times in a row haha!)
- What did you first notice about your partner when you first met? Pogi sya. Yun na!
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? The ability to stop time or make time stand still Why? Because there’s never enough time for anything!!
- Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? Yes at “Primadivas” a comedy bar that’s now closed. The host asked if I was going to sing “Lead Me Lord”. Apparently I looked like a nun (you know the ones who don’t wear a habit) with the twinset and black skirt that I was wearing then.
- As a child, what did you want to grow up to be? A cashier at SM or a baggage checker because they get to wear cool eye make-up (purple half-moon over the eyelids) and stockings.
- Do you remember where you first spent your paycheck? Probably at Robinson’s Galleria, probably on a dress and a pair of shoes at Genevieve Gozum hahaha 😛
- Favorite Social Network? Twitter. (@manilamommy)
- Favorite place in Manila: Our room. Our bed. Especially when it’s raining outside.
- What are your favorite TV Shows (local and foreign) Late Night with Conan O’ Brien, Top Chef, Top Chef Just Desserts, Project Runway, 30 Rock, SNL and Karibal (when it was still on)
- What’s your silliest pet peeve? Visible panty lines!!!
- What’s your favorite quote: “Do or Do Not. There is No Try” – Yoda
- What’s your favorite smell? The smell of my baby’s head
- Say a random thing about yourself: My most favorite thing to order at Pancake House is Pan Chicken with Cheese Waffle!! Savory, salty and sweet all at the same time. It’s like having your meal with dessert together. So good!
- If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be? Mother Teresa
- If you could drop everything now and do something what would it be? Leave my day job to be with my son and bake and blog and take him to school 🙂
Now it’s your turn: in the comment box, answer one question AND if you want to ask me another question go ahead and do that as well and I’ll answer it!
Can’t wait to hear back from you and to read your questions too 😀 Let’s all sing together! Getting to know you! Getting to know all about you…..