It’s an explosion! My love for you! Sorry my age is showing haha but I can’t help but remember this Puerto Rican boy band whenever I prepare Menudo haha.
When I first tried making Menudo, I was intimidated. It’s one of my favorite dishes and I love it saucy, hearty with chunky pork and veggies. Buut I learned the secret to boosting its flavor — Knorr Pork Broth cubes. Pak! Drop 2 bouillions and you’re set!
This is just part of the ingredients for my homecooked Menudo. I made a printable recipe that you can download here.
Menudo is a great dish to bring for gatherings because it’s such a crowd pleaser. Sarsa pa lang naman kasi ulam na! Noah loves the sauce and the veggies. I cut up the pork into smaller pieces pa for him so it’s easier for him to swallow.
I’ve taught David to scoop up the sauce and to pour it over his rice para mas masaya ang kain!
Click on the link below to get the recipe! Is Menudo one of your favorite dishes to make too? Can you share tips on how you make your menudo uniquely your own? Don’t forget to share and tag all your recipes on Instagram with #LutongNanay! I want to see all your yummy dishes!
Here’s the really easy Menudo recipe but you can also download a printable copy here. Is Menudo one of your favorite dishes to make too? Can you share tips on how you make your menudo uniquely your own?
Don’t forget to share and tag all your recipes on Instagram with #LutongNanay! I want to see all your yummy dishes!
Preparation time: 30 mins. | Cooking time: 30 mins. | No. of servings: 5-6
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 pcs potatoes, medium sized, cut in cubes
- 1 pc carrot, medium sized, cut in cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 250 grams pork kasim, cut in small cubes
- 250 grams pork liempo, cut in small cubes
- 250 grams pork liver, cut in small cubes
- 1 (250g) pack tomato sauce
- 2 pcs KNORR PORK BROTH CUBE
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 cup cubed red and green bell pepper
- Fry potato and carrots in hot oil. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add pork kasim and liempo and fry until slightly brown in color then add liver. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Knorr Pork Broth Cubes. Stir to dissolve and add tomato sauce, water, sugar and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add fried potatoes and carrots. Continue to cook over medium heat until meat and potatoes are cooked and sauce has thickened.
- Add raisins and bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes then serve.