Last June 17 saw me at the Wine Bar
boozing it up early in the morning for the 2nd general assembly of the SoMoms. We welcomed new members and also held a mini-bazaar for our small businesses at Wine Bar 1771.
(some pics taken by Michelle of MyMomFriday)
Why do I blog?
During the intros, we were asked how we got started blogging, what we blog about and what our advocacies are. Allow me to share mine:
- I blog because I want to reach that one mom who may be having a tough time at work. I want to tell her yes it sucks but don’t let it get to you. Tara tambay tayo and just vent together.
- I blog because I want to share with you how I planned my kid’s party, what I cooked even if I am such a dork in the kitchen and what my experiences are when I applied for my SSS ID (hah!)
- I blog because I love reading your comments and learning from your experiences. I feel blessed that you find value in the words that I write and I hope that you know that your comments help me gain perspective as well.
- I blog because I want to reach out to the mom who’s having a difficult time dealing with her child’s diagnosis of Down syndrome to tell her that it will be all ok. It will hurt and it will be so painful in the beginning but that she needs to feel all those. As soon as she lifts that veil of sadness, she will be on the receiving end of such wonderful love and support. That broken heart of hers will be healed and her baby will make her whole again. And her family’s new wonderful normal can begin.
- I blog because for selfish reasons, it’s my release and writing is my safe place.
And then there were 25. From our original gang of 13 we have grown into 25. Our group is a collective of different mom bloggers and one dad who are all active in blogging and social media. During the assembly it was definitely clear that our stories are all different. We have young moms to empty nesters and everyone in between. Together we all weave a colorful tapestry of stories about parenting, kakikayan, shopping, yaya and in-law troubles, love, loss, celebrations and life’s other adventures. Some of the SoMoms are top bloggers with page views reaching half-a-million hits a month while some are quietly building up their momentum. We may sway you with our views and reviews and with some you may disagree and argue but the point of our community is to share. It’s the seed of all our blogs and sometimes it’s amazing when we connect with someone out there who is going through the same path as we are. We are, dare I say it, fearless because our lives are out there and we tell our stories point blank.
And so here we are. By coming together we welcome new stories, new perspectives and new journeys. One of our major projects this year is our #BetterMe sessions. Our goal is to be better versions of our selves. To be better, progressive parents, wives, sisters-in-law, daughters, daughters-in-law. Also I hope my #BetterMe would be better groomed haha! We have started by attending Coach Pia sessions who have provided so much insight and learnings that I cant’ wait to share with all of you.
I am also sooo excited with the opportunities and the chance to spend time with these awesome people. I can’t wait for you guys to discover their stories too.
I hope you get the chance to read the blogs of my fellow SoMoms! (Click on Show 25 to view all entries in the table below)
|Kris De Guzman||http://ocmominmanila.com|
|Pam Basa - Siao||http://runaroundgirl.wordpress.com|
|Belle Delos Reyes||http://www.cruisinmommyhood.com|
|Candy Sing - Esteban||http://thecorporatehousewifemom.blogspot.com|
The SoMoms General Assembly was held at the Wine Bar in El Pueblo Real de Manila in Ortigas. It is at the second floor of Cafe 1771. The brunch served during that day was topnotch as expected as the Wine Bar is part of 1771 Group of Restaurants which includes Chateau 1771 and family favorite Sentro 1771. The 2nd floor area is spacious and you can rent out the area for private events. We rented one function area, transformed the middle section for our mini-market. The other function room was reserved for a bridal shower during that day and surprisingly the noise level for each room was contained.
As expected, brunch that day was yummy! Thank you Wine Bar for accommodating the SoMoms!
The Wine Bar is located at the 2nd Level, Ortigas Center, Cafe 1771, El Pueblo Julia Vargas cor. ADB Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone Number: (+63 2) 631-7340
Monday to Thursday 6:00pm -11:00pm
Friday and Saturday 6:00pm – 1:00am
(info from clickthecity.com)